Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 17, 2019
WELCOME TO VINTELLUS, INC. (VINTELLUS)’ WEBSITE LOCATED AT http://www.vintellus.com (“SITE”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY AS THEY ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“CUSTOMER”) AND VINTELLUS, AND GOVERNS YOUR USE OF OUR SITE, OUR MOBILE APPLICATION CALLED VINSALES (THE “APP”) AND PLATFORM SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES (AS DEFINED BELOW) YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE ACCESSING AND USING THE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY (SUCH AS YOUR EMPLOYER) OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND THAT COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IN THAT CASE, “CUSTOMER” WILL REFER TO THAT COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY.
2. Changes to Agreement or Services. Vintellus may update this Agreement at any time, in its sole discretion. If Vintellus does so, it will let Customer know either by posting the updated Agreement on the Site or through other communications. If Customer continues to use the Services after Vintellus has posted updated Agreement, Customer agrees to be bound by the updated Agreement. Because the Services are evolving over time, Vintellus may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at its sole discretion.
3.1 “Account” means an online account that Customer creates using its secure authentication credentials and registering with the Services.
3.2 “Authorized User” means an employee or contractor of Customer who has: (a) been authorized by Customer to register to access and use the Services and (b) been assigned unique authentication credentials by Customer or Vintellus to access and use the Services.
3.3 “Customer Data” means any and all information, data (including without limitation, Customer’s client names, contact details, details in Customer’s calendar, contacts, and notes that Customer provides Vintellus access to), text, images, and all other material transmitted or provided by Customer (whether directly or by granting Vintellus access to Customer’s third party accounts) to the Services.
3.4 “Fees” means the fees that Customer agrees to pay Vintellus for the access and use of the Services in accordance with the Subscription Plan it chooses.
3.5 “Open Source Software” means all software that is available under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL), GNU General Public License (GPL), GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Mozilla Public License (MPL), Apache License, BSD licenses, or any other license that is approved by the Open Source Initiative (www.opensource.org).
3.6 “Intellectual Property Rights” means patent rights (including, without limitation, patent applications and disclosures), copyrights, trade secrets, moral rights, know-how, and any other intellectual property rights recognized in any country or jurisdiction in the world.
3.7 “Services” means collectively, the Site, the App, and Vintellus’ proprietary artificial intelligence (“AI”) driven cloud-based sales solution, but excludes any Open Source Software that may be used to provide the Services.
3.8 “Subscription Plan” means the subscription plan that Customer chooses and agrees to pay for from the available options provided by Vintellus on its Pricing Plans page located at [insert a hyperlink to the subscription plans/payment page]
3.9 “Term” means the subscription term for which Customer has purchased the Services.
3.10 “Third Party Technology” means certain third party services, which are compatible with the Services, or plugins for the Services, or third party services and technology that Customer uses with the Services.
4. REGISTRATION; AUTHENTICATION CREDENTIALS; SECURITY
4.1 Registration. Subject to Customer’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement, Customer may register to use the Services by creating an online Account. Customer agrees to provide complete, accurate and current information associated with the Account, and will update such registration information promptly should it change or become inaccurate.
4.2 Authentication Credentials. Customer will create a user identification and associated secure access credentials for access to and use of the Services. Customer will maintain the confidentiality of all user identifications and access credentials and ensure that each user identification number and/or access credentials is used only by Authorized Users. Customer is solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under its Account and all charges incurred from the access to Services from its Account. Customer will not (and will not allow any Authorized User to) share its access credentials with anyone and will immediately notify Vintellus of any unauthorized use of Customer’s Account, any user identification and/or access credentials, or any other breach of security known to Customer. Vintellus shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from Customer’s failure to comply with the terms set forth in this Section.
4.3 Security. Vintellus will deploy industry standard security precautions intended to protect against unauthorized access to any Customer Data stored on the Services, and will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to deploy corrections within the Services for security breaches made known to Vintellus. However, Customer acknowledges that, notwithstanding the security precautions deployed by Vintellus, the use of, or connection to, the Internet provides the opportunity for unauthorized third parties to circumvent such precautions and illegally gain access to the Services and Customer Data, and Vintellus disclaims all liability in connection with such security breaches.
5.1 License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including payment of all applicable Fees), Vintellus hereby grants to Customer during the Term, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense) to access and use the Services for its personal or internal business use only. Customer’s use of the Services may be subject to certain limitations, such as, number of Authorized Users, in accordance with the Subscription Plan Customer has chosen.
5.2 License Restrictions. Customer will not, directly or indirectly, and will not permit any Authorized User or third party to: (i) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the object code, source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Services; (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on any element of the Services or any related documentation; (iii) rent, lease, distribute, sell, resell, assign, or otherwise transfer its rights to use the Services; (iv) use the Services for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of any person or entity other than for the benefit of Customer; (v) remove any proprietary notices from Vintellus materials furnished or made available to Customer; (vi) perform, publish or disclose to third parties any performance or benchmark tests or analysis relating to the Services or the use thereof without Vintellus’ prior written consent; or (vii) use the Services for any purpose other than its intended purpose.
5.3 Acceptable Use Policies. Customer will (and will require its Authorized Users to): (i) use the Services exclusively for authorized and legal purposes, consistent with all applicable laws, regulations and the rights of others, (ii) not use the Services to transmit any bulk unsolicited commercial communications, (iii) not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any user authentication or security of the Services, and will immediately notify Vintellus of any breach, or attempted breach, of security known to Customer; (iv) not interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Services or interfere with other ability to access or use the Services; (v) not interfere with another customer’s use and enjoyment of the Services; (vi) not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or that otherwise interferes with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services infrastructure); and (vii) not launch any program that “crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of the Services (through use of manual or automated means).
5.4 Rights and Terms for Apps.
(a) Rights in App Granted by Vintellus. Subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, Vintellus grants to Customer a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that they own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for their own personal non-commercial purposes. Customer may not copy the App, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, Customer may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. Vintellus reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to Customer under these Terms.
(b) Accessing App from App Store. The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- This Agreement is concluded between Customer and Vintellus, and not with the App Provider, and Vintellus (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, Customer may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to Customer (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Vintellus.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims Customer has or any claims of any third party relating to the App or Customer’s possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection, privacy, or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or Customer’s possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Vintellus will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement.
- The App Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement as related to Customer’s license to the App, and that, upon Customer’s acceptance of the Agreement, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement as related to Customer’s license of the App against Customer as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- Customer represents and warrants that (i) Customer is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; and (ii) Customer is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
6. CUSTOMER DATA.
6.1 License. Customer hereby grants to Vintellus a non-exclusive, non-transferable, sublicensable (only to Vintellus’ third party service providers who provide services to Vintellus for the purpose of this Agreement), royalty-free, worldwide license to collect, store, reproduce, modify, format, retain, analyze, publish, process and use as necessary, the Customer Data to perform its obligations under this Agreement and in connection with Customer’s use of the Services; provided that, nothing in this Agreement will restrict or obstruct Vintellus’ rights in and to the Aggregate Data in accordance with Section 9.4 hereof.
6.2 Representations and Warranties. Customer represents and warrants that (i) it owns or has licenses to all Customer Data and has an unrestricted right to transfer such Customer Data to Vintellus for purposes of providing Services under this Agreement, (ii) provision of Customer Data to, and use of the Customer Data by, Vintellus, as contemplated herein will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property Rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights, (iii) Customer Data does not contain any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other harmful or destructive code, and (iv) neither the Customer Data, nor Vintellus’ use of the Customer Data as contemplated herein violates any applicable law or regulation.
Vintellus may remove any Customer Data stored using, or derived from the use of, the Services or transmitted through the Services, that violates the terms of this Agreement, without notice to Customer. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer acknowledges and agrees that Vintellus does not monitor or police communications or Customer Data transmitted through the Services and that Vintellus will not be responsible for the content of any such communications or transmissions. Customer shall be solely responsible and liable for the completeness, integrity, quality, accuracy, and legality of Customer Data input into the Services.
6.3 Compliance with Laws. Customer represents and warrants that it has complied with all applicable laws (whether local, national or international) in connection with the Customer Data. If applicable and to the extent Customer Data includes personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”), Customer has obtained all necessary consents and has complied with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and orders, including without limitation, all data privacy laws, in collecting, processing, using and transferring such Personal Information to Vintellus for purposes of providing Services to Customer under this Agreement.
6.4 Disclaimer. VINTELLUS WILL FOLLOW ITS STANDARD ARCHIVAL PROCEDURES FOR STORAGE OF ANY CUSTOMER DATA. IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF CUSTOMER DATA, VINTELLUS WILL USE ITS COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO RESTORE THE LOST OR CORRUPTED CUSTOMER DATA FROM THE LATEST BACKUP OF SUCH CUSTOMER DATA MAINTAINED BY VINTELLUS. VINTELLUS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION, UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR CORRUPTION OF CUSTOMER DATA. VINTELLUS’S EFFORTS TO RESTORE LOST OR CORRUPTED CUSTOMER DATA PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION 6.4 WILL CONSTITUTE VINTELLUS’S SOLE LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF CUSTOMER DATA.
7. CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS.
7.1 Cooperation and Assistance. Customer and Authorized Users will at all times provide Vintellus with good faith cooperation and assistance and make available such information, equipment and support as may be reasonably required by Vintellus in order to provide the Services, including, but not limited to, providing Customer Data, and security access, information, and software interfaces to Customer’s business applications. Customer will be solely responsible for acquiring and maintaining all telecommunications and Internet services and other hardware and software required to access and use the Services, including, without limitation, any and all costs, fees, expenses, and taxes of any kind related to the foregoing. Vintellus will not be responsible for any loss or corruption of data, lost communications, or any other loss or damage of any kind arising from any such telecommunications and Internet services.
7.2 Marketing Support. Customer grants to Vintellus a non-exclusive, limited right to use Customer’s logos and trademarks (collectively, “Marks”) on Vintellus’ websites and in the production of marketing materials to depict Customer as a customer of Vintellus. All goodwill developed from such use will be solely for the benefit of Customer.
7.3 Enforcement. Customer will ensure that all Authorized Users comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Customer will promptly notify Vintellus of any suspected or alleged violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and will cooperate with Vintellus with respect to: (a) investigation by Vintellus of any suspected or alleged violation of this Agreement, and (b) any action by Vintellus to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Vintellus may suspend or terminate any Authorized User’s access to the Services upon notice to Customer in the event that Vintellus reasonably determines that such Authorized User has violated the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Customer will at all times be responsible for all actions taken under an Authorized User’s Account, whether such action was taken by an Authorized User or by another party, and whether such action was authorized by an Authorized User. Customer will be liable for any violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement by any Authorized User.
8. FEES AND TAXES
8.1 Fees. Customer agrees to pay all Fees in accordance with the Subscription Plan for access and use of the Services. Except as provided for herein, all payment obligations are non-cancelable and Fees paid are non-refundable.
8.2 Payments. Customer agrees to provide a valid credit card, debit card, or other valid payment information to pay for the Fees in accordance with the Subscription Plan, and authorizes Vintellus to charge such credit card, debit card, or other valid payment mechanism on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis as set forth in the Subscription Plan for the applicable Fees until the Services are terminated under this Agreement. Customer is responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to Vintellus and notifying Vintellus of any changes to such information.
8.3 Taxes. The Fees are exclusive of all sales, use, value added and other taxes or duties and Customer shall pay all such taxes (excluding taxes based on Vintellus’ net income).
9.1 Services. As between Vintellus and Customer, all right, title and interest in the Services and any other Vintellus materials furnished or made available hereunder, and all modifications and improvements thereto, and enhancements and derivative works thereof, including all Intellectual Property Rights in each of the foregoing, belong to and are retained solely by Vintellus or Vintellus’ licensors and providers, as applicable.
9.2 Feedback. Customer hereby does and will irrevocably assign to Vintellus all suggestions, ideas and feedback proposed by Customer regarding the Services (“Feedback”), and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Feedback. Customer agrees to execute any documents or take any actions as may reasonably be necessary, or as Vintellus may reasonably request, to perfect such ownership of the Feedback. To the extent any of the rights, title and interest in and to Feedback or Intellectual Property Rights therein cannot be assigned by Customer to Vintellus, Customer hereby grants to Vintellus an exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid-up license (with rights to sublicense through multiple tiers of sublicensees) to fully use, practice and exploit those non-assignable rights, title and interest. If the foregoing assignment and license are not enforceable, Customer agrees to waive and never assert against Vintellus those non-assignable and non-licensable rights, title and interest. Customer agrees to execute any documents or take any actions as may reasonably be necessary, or as Vintellus may reasonably request, to perfect ownership of the Feedback. If Customer is unable or unwilling to execute any such document or take any such action, Vintellus may execute such document and take such action on Customer’s behalf as Customer’s agent and attorney-in-fact. The foregoing appointment is deemed a power coupled with an interest and is irrevocable.
9.3 Customer Data. As between Vintellus and Customer, all right, title and interest in the Customer Data and all Intellectual Property Rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Customer.
9.4 Aggregate Data. Vintellus may monitor Customer’s use of the Services and use data and information related to such use and Customer Data in an aggregate and anonymous manner (including without limitation, the statistical, analytical or other data developed or created by or for Vintellus, based upon the Customer Data and other internal and external data collected by Vintellus from time to time, in whatever form presented, whether as text, graphs, diagrams, images, reports, or any other form, and which includes without limitation, organization of Customer Data in a certain way, reports based on analytical study of Customer Data and permutations and combinations of Customer Data in various categories (collectively, “Aggregate Data“). By way of illustration, Aggregate Data includes without limitation, organization of Customer Data that is representative of a certain population, statistical representation of certain action items that influence a certain category of decision makers, and reports summarizing usage behavior of one group of sales leaders in comparison to another group. Aggregate Data will never identify the Customer, its Confidential Information, or any individual or person within the Customer Data. As between Vintellus and Customer, all right, title and interest in the Aggregate Data and all Intellectual Property Rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Vintellus, and Vintellus may use such Aggregate Data as it deems fit including without limitation, as required by applicable law or regulation and for purposes of data gathering, analysis, Services enhancement, Services improvement (such as applying AI to the Aggregate Data to enhance machine learning, to improve our algorithm, provide recommendations based on AI, and contribute to our AI driven database), and marketing.
10.1 Obligations. Each of the parties agrees to maintain in confidence any non-public information of the other party, whether written or otherwise, disclosed by the other party in the course of performance of this Agreement that a party knows or reasonably should know is considered confidential by the disclosing party (“Confidential Information“). The parties hereby agree that Vintellus’ Confidential Information includes the Services, Feedback, and materials provided with respect to the Services, and Customer’s Confidential Information includes the Customer Data. The receiving party shall not disclose or use any Confidential Information of the disclosing party, except to perform its obligations and exercise its rights hereunder, and shall take all such actions as are reasonably necessary and appropriate to preserve and protect the Confidential Information and the parties’ respective rights therein, at all times exercising at least a reasonable level of care. Each party agrees to restrict access to the Confidential Information of the other party to those employees or agents who require access in order to perform hereunder and who are bound by confidentiality obligations at least as stringent as those herein.
10.2 Exclusions. Confidential Information shall not include any information that is (i) already known to the receiving party at the time of the disclosure; (ii) publicly known at the time of the disclosure or becomes publicly known through no wrongful act or failure of the receiving party; (iii) subsequently disclosed to the receiving party on a non-confidential basis by a third party not having a confidential relationship with the other party hereto that rightfully acquired such information; or (iv) communicated to a third party by the receiving party with the express written consent of the other party hereto. A disclosure of Confidential Information that is legally compelled to be disclosed pursuant to a subpoena, summons, order or other judicial or governmental process shall not be considered a breach of this Agreement; provided the receiving party provides prompt notice of any such subpoena, order, or the like to the other party so that such party will have the opportunity to obtain a protective order or otherwise oppose the disclosure.
10.3 Destruction or Return of Confidential Information. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, each party shall, subject to Section 14.5 (Effect of Termination), promptly return to the other party, or destroy, as the parties agree, all copies of the other party’s Confidential Information. All copies, notes or other derivative material relating to the Confidential Information shall be promptly retrieved or destroyed, as agreed, and no such material shall be retained or used by the receiving party in any form or for any reason.
11. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VINTELLUS NOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VINTELLUS DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ALL ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. VINTELLUS AND ITS LICENSORS FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON INFRINGEMENT OR AGAINST HIDDEN DEFECTS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. VINTELLUS FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM VINTELLUS OR ELSEWHERE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
HUMAN BEHAVIOR DIFFERS FROM PERSON TO PERSON AND USE OF THE SERVICES DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT A SALES LEAD WILL REACT OR MAKE A SALES DECISION IN A CERTAIN WAY. ACCORDINGLY, VINTELLUS DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS FROM THE USE OF SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET THE CUSTOMER’S OR ANYONE ELSE’S EXPECTATIONS OR RESULT IN INCREASED SALES.
12. INDEMNIFICATION. Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold Vintellus, its licensors and their respective officers, directors and employees (“Vintellus Indemnified Parties“) harmless from and against any and all third-party claims which arise out of or relate to: (a) a claim or threat that the Customer Data (and/or the exercise by Vintellus of the rights granted herein with respect thereto) infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights; (b) Customer’s use of the Services other than as permitted under this Agreement, or (c) Customer’s violation of this Agreement. Customer shall pay all damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs (whether by settlement or award by a final judicial judgment) paid to the third party bringing any such claim. Customer’s obligations under this Section are conditioned upon (x) Customer being promptly notified in writing of any claim under this Section, (y) Customer having the sole and exclusive right to control the defense and settlement of the claim, and (z) Vintellus providing all reasonable assistance (at Customer’s expense and reasonable request) in the defense of such claim. Vintellus may, at its own expense, engage separate counsel to advise Vintellus regarding a third-party claim and to participate in the defense of the claim, subject to Customer’s right to control the defense and settlement.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
13.1 Limitation on Direct Damages. EXCEPT FOR THE INDEMNIFICAITON OBLIGAITON, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO CLAIM, WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, LESS, IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, ANY AMOUNTS PREVIOUSLY PAID (AS OF THE DATE OF SATISFACTION OF SUCH LIABILITY) BY ONE PARTY TO THE OTHER IN SATISFACTION OF ANY LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
13.2 Waiver of Consequential Damages. EXCEPT FOR BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF VINTELLUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. VINTELLUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
13.3 Essential Purpose. Customer acknowledges that the terms in this Section 13 are an essential bases of the bargain described in this Agreement and that, were Vintellus to assume any further liability, the Fees would out of necessity, be set much higher.
14.1 Term. The term of this Agreement commences on the date Customer first registers and creates an Account and continues until the Agreement is terminated as provided herein.
14.2 Termination for Convenience. At any time, Customer shall have the right to terminate this Agreement and its use of the Services by following the Account cancellation procedure set forth on the Site or App or by emailing Vintellus customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org; provided, however, that under no circumstances shall Customer be entitled to any refund of any Fees for its use of the Services prior to the date of cancellation.
14.3 Termination for Breach; Insolvency. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice if the other party has breached a material term of this Agreement and has not cured such breach within thirty (30) days of receipt of written notice from the non-breaching party specifying the breach. Either party may terminate this Agreement if (i) the other party has a receiver appointed for it or its property; (ii) the other party makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors; (iii) any proceedings are commenced by, for or against the other party under any bankruptcy, insolvency or debtor’s relief law; or (iv) the other party is liquidated or dissolved.
14.4 Failure to Pay/Customer Conduct/Inactive free Account. Vintellus may suspend or terminate Customer’s access to the Services, at Vintellus’ sole option, with or without notice to Customer, if: (i) the Fees are not paid when due, (ii) any credit or debit card charge or other payment mechanism for Fees is declined; or (iii) if Customer breaches Section 5.2 (License Restrictions), 5.3 (Acceptable Use Policies), or 6.3 (Compliance with Laws), and such suspension or termination may continue, at Vintellus’ discretion, until the applicable issue is resolved. In addition, Vintellus reserves the right to terminate the Account of any Customer who is using the free Subscription Plan of the Services (i.e. without an obligation to pay for the use of Services), if such Customer’s Account remains inactive for a period of 60 days.
14.5 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, (a) Customer’s use of and access to the Services shall cease and (b) all Fees and other amounts owed to Vintellus shall be immediately due and payable by Customer. Vintellus shall have no obligation to maintain or provide any Customer Data and shall, unless legally prohibited from doing so, delete all Customer Data (but not Aggregate Data) in its systems or otherwise in its possession or under its control within a reasonable time after the effective date of any termination of this Agreement. In addition, within ten (10) days of the effective date of termination each party shall return to the disclosing party, or at the disclosing party’s option, the receiving party shall destroy, all items of Confidential Information (other than the Customer Data) then in the receiving party’s possession or control, including any copies, extracts or portions thereof.
14.6 Survival. The following Sections of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement: Sections 3 (Definitions), 6.2 (Representations and Warranties), 6.3 (Compliance with Laws), 6.4 (Disclaimer), 8 (Fees and Taxes), 9 (Ownership) 10 (Confidentiality), 11 (Warranty Disclaimer), 12 (Indemnification), 13 (Limitation of Liability), 14 (Termination), 15 (Notices) and 16 (General). We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
15. NOTICES. Vintellus may give notice to Customer by means of a general notice through the Services interface, electronic mail to Customer’s e-mail address on record with Vintellus, or by written communication sent by first class postage prepaid mail or nationally recognized overnight delivery service to Customer’s address on record with Vintellus. Customer may give notice to Vintellus by written communication sent by first class postage prepaid mail or nationally recognized overnight delivery service addressed to [19918 Wellington Ct, Saratoga, California 95070 USA]; Attention: CEO. Notice shall be deemed to have been given upon receipt or, if earlier, two (2) business days after mailing, as applicable.
16. GENERAL. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by Customer, without Vintellus’ prior written consent; provided that, Customer may assign this Agreement in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or shares upon written notice to Vintellus. Any assignment in derogation of the foregoing is null and void. Vintellus may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of each party’s successors and permitted assigns. This Agreement, together with the Subscription Plan, and all addenda, schedules, and exhibits, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements and understandings between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by either party of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. Except as otherwise provided herein, this Agreement may be amended or superseded only by a written instrument signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, excluding its conflict of laws rules. The parties further agree that the exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any dispute arising or relating to this Agreement shall be a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Francisco, California. Any provision of this Agreement held to be unenforceable shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions of this Agreement. Neither party shall be in breach of this Agreement if its failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement, except for payment of Fees, is caused by events or conditions beyond that party’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, civil commotion, war, strikes, labor disputes, third party Internet service interruptions or slowdowns, vandalism or “hacker” attacks, acts of terrorism or governmental demands or requirements (each a “Force Majeure” event).